New users of OpenToonz often ask – how to add a sequence of empty frames? This is a sort of operation that is tricky to figure out, so here is a step-by-step recipe:
- Create a new level (if you haven’t yet)
- Make sure you have Level Strip panel visible. If not – choose “Windows” -> “Level Strip” from menu.
- In the Level Strip panel right-click the last frame and choose “Add Frames…”
- Set the correct numbers for “From” and “To” fields. If you clicked on frame 10 and want to add 5 frames, then set “From” to 11 and “To” is going to be “15”.
- Click “Add”.
- Select created frames in Level Strip – click on first frame, then hold Shift and click last frame.
- Drag selected frames to the Timeline (XSheet).