Morevna Project is an effort to create full-feature anime movie using Open Source software only.
- Promotion of Open Source software and its ideology.
- Testing and improving existing Open Source tools by giving appropriated feedback to developers and community.
- Validate Open Source tools as suitable for creation of professional good-looking animation.
- Provide content for other artists to learn from or to re-use, including documentation and tutorials.
Main production tools:
- Drawing, static images: GIMP, Krita, MyPaint.
- 2D animation (vectorization & tweening): Synfig Studio.
- 2D frame-by-frame animation: Pencil.
- 3D modeling, animation and video editing: Blender.
The story is based on the Russian fairy tale “Marya Morevna”. It is completely reworked to futuristic high-tech twist with a large amount of technobabble, expounded in a style specific to anime genre.
Most actual concept documentation is stored on the project wiki. It is a place for developing concepts, discussing them, and planning future project development.
Q: Is there any organization financing the project?
No. We have no organization supporting the project. But we have fundraising campaign started.
Q: Do you plan to publish sources of your project?
All footage source are published under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution License.
If you want to know more about this project, or participate in project development, please contact us: .