As I was mentioned in my previous post, on 10th of October we have successfully assembled the first draft version of Morevna Project Demo. “Draft version” means that we have all key elements in place and it’s supposed to give a random viewer clear understanding what’s happening on the screen without additional explanations. Of course, there are still some white gaps, many fx are missed and compositing is non-uniform, but it already delivers experience very close to the final result. Also I have take this chance to finally put all sound fx into Demo, much thanks to freesound.org.
After that, two of my weekdays were lost, because I was arranging the visa stuff. Meanwhile Nikolay concentrated on tedious work of polishing the tweening for shots 32, 34, 49, 50, 54… Well, especially in shot 34 – he always blamed me for the low quality of tweening in this shot and now he took a chance to put all desired fixes. ^_^
When I got back, I’ve started to prepare the last missing backgrounds, at the same time doing the compositing and color correction. Everyone who watched the last Demo snapshot (from 28th of February) can remember the heavily acid colors on the screen. I didn’t liked that and we were playing a lot with different color solutions. The draft version of the Demo brought me the clear understanding how I want the final image to look like.
Evaluating our schedule, I can say that we have a good time gap to do additional work for implementing some neat stuff that we had in our “optional todo list”. I will not say what exactly it would be, but there is a hint – it will touch the starting sequence and some 3D-vechicles. So, stay tuned and let’s rock the next week!